Whether it is an ordinary PC or an industrial PC, its core component is the motherboard. Because industrial PC motherboard has a wider range of applications and more complex use environments, users will have higher requirements for functions, compatibility, and reliability of industrial motherboards.
Facing many industrial PC motherboards in the market, how to choose an industrial PC motherboard has become a more critical issue. Why choose an industrial motherboard? What are the conditions for choosing an industrial motherboard?
1. Dimensions of the industrial PC motherboard
The industrial PC motherboard can be directly installed in the equipment, such as installed in a vending machine to realize automatic vending. It can be used with a traditional 4U industrial control chassis and is often used in machine vision, industrial automation, and other fields.
Or installed in an embedded host. The industrial PC motherboard is suitable for VTM, subway turnstiles, self-service terminals, medical equipment, and other fields. It can be seen that the dimensions of the industrial motherboard can be diversified to meet different needs.
2. Environmental parameters of the industrial PC motherboard
The operating environment of industrial motherboards is complex and the industrial motherboards are required to have strong anti-electromagnetic interference ability, good dust-proof, and anti-vibration performance. They are required to work uninterruptedly for a long time in high-temperature environments and have good stability and reliability.
3. Expansion slot of the industrial PC motherboard
(1) ISA: They are gradually being replaced. But there are also quite a few applications that require them, so many industrial backplanes have them.
(2) PCI: It is the main expansion slot of the industrial PC and it is also the most on-board slot type of industrial motherboards. Industrial motherboards with ATX structure generally have 4 to 6 PCI slots and Mini ITX industrial PC motherboard can also have PCI slots. PCI slots are widely used.
(3) PCIe: It is used to replace the PCI slot. The PCIe slot has 7 specifications of X1 (250MB/sec), X2, X4, X8, X12, X16, and X32 channels. It has very strong scalability to meet the different requirements of different system devices for data transmission bandwidth.
Additionally, shorter PCIe cards can be used in longer PCIe slots. Since PCIe is only the expansion bus of the South Bridge and has nothing to do with the operating system, it not only enables the PCIe interface of the industrial PC to coexist with the PCI interface but also brings convenience to the user's upgrade.
4. Industrial PC motherboard interface
Industrial motherboards have a COM port, USB, HDMI, VGA, LPT, LVDS, and other types of interfaces to facilitate external devices.
5. The service cycle of the industrial PC motherboard
The average trouble-free working time of the industrial motherboard is more than 50000 hours and the service cycle is 5-7 years.
6. Watchdog for industrial PC motherboard
The watchdog circuit has become a must-have function of industrial motherboards. It can quickly alarm when the system fails and automatically restore the system to operate without human intervention.
7. Industrial PC motherboard brand
Industrial motherboards are mainly used in industrial sites. Their stability, reliability, and quality directly affect the entire system, so the brand is also a very important factor to consider.
The industrial PC motherboard helps customers reduce production costs, extend product life cycles, enhance customer market competitiveness and win a reputation with professionalism and strength.
At present, the industrial PC motherboard has been widely used in industrial automation, machine vision, face recognition, medical care, self-service terminals, finance, and other fields.